This is a complete Miniature Garden kit. All you need is a pot, potting soil and about 2 to 3 hours - this kit can be done in one afternoon and it's very rewarding and cute!
INSIDE THIS KIT:
- Variegated English Boxwood, Buxus sempervirens 'Variegata'
- Dwarf Mondo Grass, Ophiopogon japonicus 'Nana'
- Baby Tears, Soleirolia soleirolii
- Garden Bench, tan color, weatherproof, drilled with stake included (not glued in)
- Hanging Terracotta Pot with Sedum Rooting and Shepherd's Hook (Styles may vary)
- Stone Sheet, Mother Earth color (A pretty blend of ivory, biege, pink & brown.)
- Miniature Pebbles, (A pretty blend of ivory, biege, pink & brown.)
- Mini Patio Mix Kit, Includes mix, sand, borders, skewers
- Instruction Booklet - step-by-step instructions on how to make a miniature garden
Indoor Placement: The plants like bright, indirect light and damp soil. Do not let the soil dry out between watering. Pot needs a drainage hold for the excess water to escape.
Outdoor Placement: Part shade, bright shade or cool sun. This combination is hardy to about 0F or above freezing. The Boxwood is hardy to -20F.
About the Plants
The plants are chosen to work in the same pot, or beside each other in a lightly shaded garden bed. The matching miniature bedding plants are coordinated with the tree for color, climate and texture. They can last in an 8 to 10" deep pot for up to five years. Bedding plants may need dividing after 2 to 3 years.
Variegated English Boxwood (Buxus sempervirens 'Variegata')
The English Boxwood is a fun, reliable and low maintenance gem for miniature gardening. It is easy to grow, care for and prune. It is a slow-growing plant, with a growth rate at 1" to 2" per year. The plant can also be sheared into a topiary shape, pruned to keep its 'tree' look or groomed into a hedge. Deer resistant.
- Fun, reliable and low maintenance
- Indoor - bright, indirect light, regular water
- Outdoor - Cold hardy zone 5 - 9, part sun/part shade
- Outdoor - Heat hardy zone 9 - 6
- Regular water
- Hot afternoon sun in the summertime will burn the leaves if its in a really dry spot
- Don’t let the soil dry out between watering sessions
- Comes in a 4” pot
- Growth rate is 2 to 3" per year and doesn’t mind pruning
- Fertilize after 2 years if planted in a container
Dwarf Mondo Grass (Ophiopogon japonicus 'Nana')
A favorite miniature grass that grows about 2" tall and slowly spreads on runners.
- Easy care, can be indoors or outdoors.
- Great color and texture.
- Small, lavander colored blooms turn to blue berries if it's happy
- Outdoor: part shade/full shade
- Indoor: bright indirect light
- Cold hardy to zones 7 - 10
- Heat hardy to zones 12 - 1
- Regular water let soil dry out to damp between watering
- Comes in a 4" pot
Baby Tears (Soleirolia soleirolii)
A very fun plant to grow. Can divide it right away. Perfect for outdoor miniature gardens in more mild regions or indoors.
- Outdoor: shade/part shade
- Outdoor: do not let soil dry out
- Outdoor: hardy to 0F, mint is hardy to -10F
- Indoor: bright, indirect light
- Indoor: likes damp to moist soil
- Indoor: likes open terrarium environments
- Will trail down the side of pot
- Comes in a 4" pot
- Want a different color of bench, stone sheet or pebbles? Leave us a note or email us after you order!
- Potting soil and pot not included
- Use regular potting soil, without added fertilzer if you can
- Pot recommendation: Minimum 8" high by 8" wide, must have a drainage hole. Get one with a saucer to catch the water run-off.
- Cannot be shipped outside the lower 48 States
Our Guarantee: Make ONE and you'll know how to make the next one quickly and easily.
Shipping by Flat-Rate Priority Mail: Shipping is included and we will fit other small items into the box where we can - and refund any excess shipping charges to you.
- Item #: KIT116
- Cannot ship to: Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Canada, Cayman Islands, Denmark, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Isle of Man, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Virgin Islands, British